1. Have your carpets professional cleaned at least once a year. Homes with high traffic carpets, homes in wet climates and homes with pets and/or children should have their carpets professionally cleaned more than once a year. Bacteria, mold, bugs, allergens and all kinds of problem causing substances can dwell deep in the fibers of your carpet. A regular professional cleaning can help eliminate or reduce these substances improving the life of your carpet and improving the health of your household.
2. Vacuuming at least twice a week can keep about 80% of the dry soil out of your carpet. Regular vacuuming can also help to keep bacteria, mold, bugs, allergens and other substances to a minimum between professional cleanings.
3. Don’t vacuum in the same pattern every time. Changing up the direction in which you vacuum a carpet helps to ensure that you are getting as much loose soil as possible.
4. Avoid using rental equipment that oversaturates the carpet and will end up causing more problems both in and underneath your carpet. Professional carpet cleaners have equipment that is likely a lot better than what you will rent or purchase and their services can be very affordable.
5. Avoid using harsh chemicals that can be found in some carpet cleaning products. These chemicals can be harmful to your carpets and your health if they are not properly removed.
If you live in the Lincoln City, OR area and would like a free carpet cleaning quote, please CALL US TODAY AT 541-996-3900.Or visit our website here.